Friday, February 24, 2012

The Final 15: Week #5

After a frustrating week of weight gain I was able to successfully lose another 2.2 pounds this week.  The strange thing is that I didn’t really feel as though I had improved over the prior week.  I guess it goes to show that feelings are fickle.  Total weight loss so far since my original weigh in on 1/20 is 10.6 pounds.  Not bad, if I do say so myself.
I have continued the P90X/Insanity combo.  I am complete the P90X lifting DVD’s on M/W/F.  I am doing Insanity cardio interval on T/TH/S.  My Sunday is dedicated to yoga.  During the evenings I walk or do a walk/run interval thing on the treadmill.  I am convinced that eating correctly is the key and that a I can’t out train a poor diet.
I was talking with a relative that has adult onset diabetes, high blood pressure, and had heart surgery about 2 years ago.  She is interested in “trying” some of my healthier recipes.  I spent a few hours on Monday (it was holiday for me!) and came up with a few for her to give a shot. 
I am convinced that anyone can eat healthy.  It takes some effort but anything worth doing takes effort.  The big thing is having a legitimate why.  Ask yourself why do you want to make a change?  The internal why must be bigger than external obstacles and circumstances.  As for the relative, high blood pressure and diabetes are both killers.  I don’t know of anyone that WANTS to die of self-inflicted diseases.  Why do you want to change?  I want to live and enjoy kids, grand kids, great-grand kids, etc.
What about you?  Do you have a why that is bigger than a greasy double cheeseburger?  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment