My reason for losing weight is primarily medicinal. I think having my heart cracked open or inserting stents into arteries is extreme - much more extreme that choosing a plant based diet. So, I soldier on...mostly alone.
I picked up the book Eat to Live recently for reinforcement and encouragement. I found it an easy read compared to the China Study. Most of the information wasn't new to me but it's always nice to have the concepts reinforced. See, my reason for eating a plant based diet is not religous or moral but medicinal. I don't have the moral or religous boundaries to keep me on the straight and narrow.
I intend to follow the Eat to Live plan during my "biggest loser" challenge that begins tomorrow. In a nutshell, here is the plan:
- At least a pound of raw vegatables per day
- At least a pound of cooked vegatables per day
- At least 4 pieces or servings of fruit per day
- An ounce of raw nuts per day
- One serving of starchy vegetables or whole grains per day
See you on the flip-flop,