Monday, January 9, 2012

It's Impossible to Out Train a Poor Diet

I really wanted to avoid negativity as much as possible in 2012 but sometimes that is, well, impossible.  For many years I had a face-to-face challenge with heart disease.  I was in decent shape but my eating habits weren't cooperating.  I witnessed family members getting stress tests, stents, open heart surgery, insulin, yada yada and had an epiphany: STOP THE INSANITY!

For a brief time I bought into one of those "drink this shake on a daily basis and your health will magicially improve" ideas.  I was totally stoked.  I religiously followed the P90X program and drank the shake --- and it really tasted good (almost like dessert). Prior to the program I had my cholesterol tested --- and it was borderline.  After the program?  IT INCREASED.   ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?

We need micronutrients and chewing them is good.  I should've known better than to believe the marketing for this snake oil but I was being an optimist and looking for an elixir to assuage my horrible numbers.  Well, I have found it and it doesn't come in a package for $119.95 per month in two flavors.   It is found in the outer area of my local supermarket.  Who'd a thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment