Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Final 20: Part I

I am not obese but I am a little, how should I say, puffy in certain parts of my body (love handles around my chest and midsection).  I am down to what I call the final 20.  Those real tough pounds to lose that seem to gather in the areas I notice but others do not.  And I want to lose them.  I guess I will find out how badly I want to lose them soon.

My co-workers have organized a "Biggest Loser" type contest that begins next week.  First weigh-in is 1/20 and we will weigh each Friday for 12 weeks.  My goal, as previously stated is 20 solid pounds or about 1.6 pounds per week.  So how will I do it?

I'm not vegan but my eating habits best match a vegan diet.  I have some tripping points, however, that have contributed to my inability to get down to my natural-God-ordained-weight.  I recently ordered the book Eat to Live and should have it in a few days.  I hope to learn some additional tips and tricks to assist me in my saga. 

As for exercise I am not 100% sure.  I really enjoy Insanity by Beachbody and might pick that up again.  It is only 60 days so I would need to find something else for the other 30 days.  It's winter in Michigan so the majority of the exercise must be completed indoors.  Maybe join the Y?

Back to the tripping points...I want to stop drinking alcohol and caffeine during this challenge.  Alcohol, really is useless calories.  Coffee stains my teeth and I want them whiter.  Both will be hard to let go.  I might be able to replace coffee with herbal tea - we will see. 

So, I've put it on the line and hopefully will keep this blog as a pseudo accountabilty partner.  Most people (obese and overweight) would tell me I'm crazy for wanting to lose 20 pounds so it's almost useless.  Even the people in my weight-loss challenge questioned why I wanted to join.  Uh, to lose weight.  DON'T MAKE ME TAKE MY SHIRT OFF!

Let's get this party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment