Friday, January 27, 2012

The Final Fifteen + 5

Eating to Live is working very well for me.  In my first week I lost 3.4# or 2% total!
I made several changes to my eating such as eating 3 meal (breakfast, lunch, supper) and stopped the 5 small meal plan.  I know the 5 small plan is popular among a lot of people but it has its drawbacks.  Primarily, eating 5 small meals doesn’t allow the digestive system to regulate. 
EATING
Each morning I had a smoothie for breakfast (typically soy milk, splash of OJ, cilantro, parsley, kale, ground flaxseeds, 2-3 pieces of fresh fruit, and a scoop of soy protein.  For lunch I would eat an enormous salad.  The salad had a base of cabbage, romaine, and spinach with several vegetable choices including carrots, radishes, sunflower seeds, sweet peas, and tomatoes.  Dinner was normal fair it my house: Vegetable primavera, veggie fajitas, etc, etc.
EXERCISE
I started slowly because it has been awhile since I worked really hard.  I am doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid.  Monday was back and chest, Tuesday Insainty/Fast and Furious, Wednesday shoulders and arms, Thursday Insanity, and today I modified a P90 Plyo legs but doing pullups during 5 leg exercises.  I also walked each night on my treadmill for between 30-4 5 minutes. 
My original goal was to lose 20 pounds and I am ahead of schedule but on schedule according to Dr. Furman.  He states a person can lose 20 pounds in 6 weeks.  Let’s see 3.4 x 6 = 20.4#...That would be totally awesome!
TK

No comments:

Post a Comment