Friday, February 17, 2012

Yikes! Ugh! Fudge!

Stupid Valentine’s Day!  That’s my story and I am sticking to it.  Weighed in today and it was not good – up one whole pound! Yikes.  I have solid proof that one can’t out train a bad diet. 
Mistake #1: Wabasi Almonds.  I bought a large bag of wabasi flavored almonds.  Not a good idea for me.  I can eat those things by the handful and I did.  The bag is almost empty – thank God – and I won’t get another one.  One of the concepts behind Eat to Live is to not snack between meals. 
Mistake #2:  Valentine’s Day Candy.  My wife is a 2nd grade teacher and she brought home treats after the holiday.  I didn’t have to eat the, obviously, but I did eat enough to throw things off kilter. 
Mistake #3: Argentinian Wine.  I’ve been pretty good about monitoring and limiting my wine consumption but I don’t think I did that well this past week.
Mistake #4: Snacking.  Although my snacks were relatively healthy (forget #2 above) I still ate when I really wasn’t hungry. 
Not all was bad.  I exercised each day in the AM and PM.  It was a pseudo “recovery week” according to P90X and Insanity.  So I did the core synergistics DVD on M/W/F and the core cardio on T/TH.  Not as intense as some of the others but I followed the plan.  I also interjected some running into my nightly treadmill walk. 
Bad week but I am simply going to reverse the trend and rein in the discipline.  As of today I am still down +8 pounds.  It’s better than I’ve done in the past but I should be at +10.  I have some ground to make up.  Time to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment