Monday, February 4, 2013

Music Monday

Training for my first-annual-sprint-triathlon begins April 1, 2013.  I am currently in my prerequisite training stage which consists of the following: Monday - P90X; Tuesday - Insanity; Wednesday - P90X; Thursday - Insanity; Friday - P90X; Saturday - running, and Sunday - Yoga X.  On Monday and Wednesday evenings I swim.  I'm still building my swim endurance and working on form but I am improving each week.

I like P90X but at times it goes way too long, unnecessarily.  Tony Horton loves to talk (dude should have a radio talk show!).  I'm often complete with my sets before he finishes talking about the set.  I don't like to dilly-dally and can't do 15 pullups yet.  So, I do my 5-6 and FF the disc to the next set. I can usually do the entire workout and knock of 10 minutes.

Insanity is the polar opposite.  Shaun T is always pushing people to speed up and get into place.  "Hurry up people we gotta stretch!"  The cardio is phenomenal and I love his pace.  The cardio in P90X.. not so much.  I don't like Cardio X, Ken Po, or Plyo X so I mix-n-match with Insanity. Insanity for cardio and P90X for strength.

I've never really enjoyed running but I am determined to pull this Sprint triathlon off successfully.  As I've mentioned before I prefer to listen to music when running. Probably won't be able to during the race but for now I'll use whatever I can to keep my motivation level high.  Here is another song I've added to my running playlist.

Don't let the "strange" cover fool you.  Solid band with a great message.


No comments:

Post a Comment