Friday, February 22, 2013

Something Like a Guinea Pig

I started and stopped this blog once before.  This current time around things seem to be going smoother.  I still have a steep learning curve and I realize my site is not even close to being one of the best or brightest on the web.  Yet, I still am getting a modest amount of page views on weekly and monthly basis. Here are somethings I want to improve upon:

  • Become more intentional in my posts.  Make a long-term schedule and begin to write strategically and systematically.  That's more of my personality so it would be best anyway.  Now, I write extemporaneously and although it can be fun it also is not organized enough for the long haul.
  • Photos - Begin shooting my own photos of food I cook.  Now, I use stock photos which is working in the interim but I really want to share some of my masterpieces with you.
  • Videos - sometimes the only way to "get" something is to see it in action.  Writing out how to prepare a pomegranate to eat would take for ever but it would be easy to show it, right?
  • Professional - I will upgrade to a professional style blog that captures the essense of what I want to accomplish.  I want readers to be able to easily print off recipes and this one doesn't really provide that. I want you to be able to search by recipes or ingredients. 
  • Spread the word - I want to make it easy for you to share this site with others via social media or any other outlet.  One day you will want to do that.
  • Humor - I want to add some levity to the conversation.  I'm actually a funny guy but much of my writing comes across as serious.  The last thing I want to be is a sullen and serious plant eater.  BORING! Trust me, I'm not so I have some work to do. I'm not mad at the world and don't have a vendetta against carnivores.
  • Cartoons - who doesn't enjoy a good cartoon?  I have two children that are great artists and I want to get them involved with an ongoing strip.  Maybe some self-deprecating satire aimed at pretentious plant eaters.  Lighten up!
So, I have a set number of views I want to get at before investing my own money into this project.  I'm brainstorming creative names that better captures the site as well as setting a writing schedule with specific subjects. 

I want to thank everyone that has visited to this point and I want you to know I am intent on improving the site and eventually evolving into a must view place for healthy eating, fitness and random thoughts.  You've endured the infantile stage of this blog and one day you can say, "I remember when that blog was not what it is now!"  Or if you're a hipster you will say, "I really liked his site before he went all corporate and Hollywood.  What a conformist."

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment