Wednesday, February 13, 2013

T-Rex Arms

You know the workout was "good" when you can't lift your hands to your head to wash your hair or brush your teeth.  That's how I am today.  I'm working on a P90X/Insanity hybrid workout to prepare for the real training that begins April 1st for a sprint triathlon.  On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I am doing P90X (primarily lifting), on Tuesday and Thursday I am doing an Insanity workout (I don't like the P90X cardio options), and I run on Saturday.  Sunday is either a full rest day or yoga.  I also swim 2x per week in the evenings

Today's workout was back and biceps and my biceps are protesting!  I would not be considered extra muscular by nature but do okay on these workouts.  The workout is basically 2 sets of back and then 2 sets of biceps and then repeated until ones arms are like cooked spaghetti.

Swimming will be a little more challenging after today's lifting session.  I've finally got to the point where I can swim 500 yards but still need to take breaks between laps.  The triathlon is not until July so I have time to master this area but it's not easy.

Now it's time to drink my post workout recovery breakfast!

Ingredients

1 cup mango
1 cup bok choy greens
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 cup almond milk
1 peeled orange
1 quarter size piece of ginger
1-2 medjool dates

Blend until smooth.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment