Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Swimming Like a Rock

Okay, so I previously posted that I have Sprint Triathlon planned for July 2013.  I've taken my swim lessons and am now working on building lung capacity and improving my swim mechanics following 40+ years of simply treading water and calling it swimming.  Anyway.

So I found a sprint tri training plan that I like and intend to use.  It's a 12-week program that is pretty intense.  The prerequisites are: Swim 50 yards freestyle without stopping (check), run 1/2 mile (check), and bike 20 minutes without stopping (check).  I thought I was golden but not so much.

First week, first swim training day is a 2 x 50 (warmup), 4 x 25 x 4 drills, followed by drills that total 1,050 yards.  So we're talking 1,550 yards on day 1?  How did we get from 50 yards to 1,550?  Is it a typo?

No comments:

Post a Comment