Friday, December 14, 2012

Triple Threat Bucket List

I'm getting to that age (knocking on 45) when the "bucket list" becomes a reality.  I do my best to eat right and exercise although it is increasingly difficult the older I get.  So, in an effort to kill two birds with one stone (sorry animal lovers!) I tie goal and bucket lists things to my long-term health.  In 2013 I am going to complete (without dying) a sprint triathlon.

A sprint tri, at least in my situation is a 500 meter swim, 13 mile bike ride, and a 5k run.  The race is scheduled for July 20, 2013 and is relatively close to where I live.  Another reason I chose this race besides close proximity is that a wet suit is not required.  Water temperature in this small lake is 84 ish.  I really didn't want to buy a wet suit for one race.  What if I don't like it? Yes, I can be cheap.

From what I understand a 12-16 week training period is necessary to prepare oneself for a race such as this.  I have every intention of eating a plant based diet even through the rigors of the training and race.  Most information available is not plant-based/vegan friendly but I will prevail! I need to find a reputable training program and get myself ready to take it on!

I'm going to chronicle my journey on this site partly to help other bucket listers and help keep myself accountable.  Consider yourself my accountability partner!

Thank you, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment