Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Temple of the Holy One

Living a life that honors God is not always easy.  We're informed by scripture that our bodies are a temple and I am assuming we need to treat them as we would a temple of worship.  Torching or trashing a temple is obvious when it happens but not so much when our bodies are the temple.

According to an excerpt from the book Forks Over Knives, I damage the endothelial walls each time I eat meat and dairy.  Without going into all nitty-gritty details (this is supposed to be an average joe blog) let's assume it's true.  However, the damage is not noticed the first time I gorge myself at White Castle, In-and-Out, or 5 Guys. It's accumulative and often goes unnoticed until it's too late.  For many people death is the first sign of heart issues.  I want to stop that or at least minimize it.

There are many authors, bloggers, and others that are superior to me and I know that.  However, not everyone is being reached.  Every day dozens of people die unncessarily, every day billions of dollars are spent surgeries and medicine that are also unnecessary, every day some snake oil salesmen is selling a panacea to our health problems and yet we're fatter and sicker than ever. 

It. Must. Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment