Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Yoga: Class #1

I really didn't have any preconceived ideas about my first yoga class.  Well, that's a lie.  I didn't expect too many guys and expected the class to be small.  I was wrong on both counts.  The class was close 50-50 men and women and it was packed!

My only exposure to yoga was Yoga X in the P90X series.  I'm glad I had some exposure because I am sure I would have been lost without a little bit of knowledge.  The class was 60 minutes and it went by quickly.  Yoga X has the tendency to drag on and it is extremely challenging.

Quick geek story.  I get to the Y with my stuff and realize in the locker room that I forgot my flip-flops. So I am traipsing through the common areas wearing shorts, t-shirt and dress shoes.  I felt ridiculous but soldiered on!

Fun class.  I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to stay young.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment